Donate to ...................Cancer research ................................or Macmillan

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Satellite Tracking and Emergency Assistance Sorted

I've now booked a SPOT satellite tracking device to give me, friends and family piece of mind during the parts of the trip that I'll be doing solo. The device runs on two AA lithium batteries and will spend the week updating my location on Google maps, allowing me to send pre-determined 'I'm ok' texts and emails to friends and family as well as having a non-emergency help button and an emergency rescue button in case of a severe accident.

OutdoorGB.com have agreed to hire me one on a 7-day rental agreement. I think that they are one of the few places in the UK that hire them out. To buy these new would set you back around £150 and then you need to subscribe to the SPOT service at around $99 per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment